You can apply for a grant to help meet the gap between your income and your regular expenses. This could include, but is not limited to:
- A shortfall in living expenses
- Retraining – such grants would only be awarded if there was evidence that the applicant would a) be able to return to paid employment on completion and b) could demonstrate they are able to complete the course and any associated assessments.
- Psychological therapies or coaching
- Treatment costs – where treatment is not available on the NHS and only where the condition being treated is, as far as can be ascertained, resulting from your covid-19 infection, and only where the treatment has a recognised chance of success
- Home adjustments – where adjustments need to be made as a result of your long covid condition.
Please note that these grants are awarded to prevent or relieve poverty or financial difficulty, on a one-off basis according to need, or for home adjustments or treatment costs that you could otherwise not afford. They are not intended as an income replacement and cannot be relied upon as a regular source of funds. Applicants will be expected to apply for themselves or with the help of a nominated individual.